Friday 30 December 2016

Transitioning to New Year decor ...

Hi everyone,

Do you find the period between Christmas & New Year a bit of a challenge at home?

My decorations went up really early in December because I was going away to Riga, so this past week, I decided to start removing some of them. This also helps with my back to work plans.

However,  the challenge is what to put up and where?

The conservatory is always a good place to start - our Xmas sideboard has been pretty with favourite china from Spode's Christmas trees to the contemporary Emma Bridgewaters Mince pies & Christmas Rose


Everything came off except the ... candlesticks on the top. They stay because we always use them straight from the sideboard. It is lovely to have them ready to just use.

You will not be surprised to see my favourite Ralph Lauren Pocketwatch plates return - their TIME theme is perfect for a New Year setting.

I filled a glass cloche with clear, palest pink & silver baubles with battery LED string lights in with the baubles. The two pink glasses came from the drinks trolley tree ...


You might have spied this wooden deer lurking on top of the sideboard for sometime. He was a vintage find - a wooden panel that looked rather jaded so I painted it in Annie Sloans Graphite some time back but then was not sure where he was going but I think he suits the sideboard ...


Two little prototype deer placeholders ...


Wine glass markers bring colour & prettiness



This lovely glass wine holder was gifted earlier this year by Sue on a trip to the vintage markets in Bridport while we were planning our children's wedding. It is gorgeous ... 


My platter is just too big for the shelves so it marks time on the top - a reminder that time passes ...


I love the TIME plates because they symbolise that fleeting thing called TIME. They also remind me that we are all on different times - geographically & metaphorically.  


The different times on the clocks are a quirky reminder to me that people are at different times / stages of life ....


As night falls,  battery lights provide warmth to the sideboard ... 


I am a great fan of battery lights - the huge variety that are now available are really reasonably priced. 






 TIME is fleeting, use it well!  I hope you are prepared to welcome in the New Year

Thank you as always for stopping by & taking the time to read & comment
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.