Monday 5 December 2016

The sideboard is looking starting to look festive ...

I do not work on a Friday so it is my day to catch up on things at home.

With a busy time ahead, I decided to make a start on the sideboard.

This morning it was still as it had been for our pre festive supper with friends 


Those are the colours I favour at New Year. I love my festive plates so it was time to change the scene ...

Each year it is slightly different because it evolves as I do it ...

This was 2012 Xmas sideboard 

This was 2013 Xmas sideboard 

This was my 2014 Xmas sideboard 

This was the 2015 Xmas sideboard

I love the tiny little miniature trees that are still fortunately popular this year so they came out of their boxes & I added a few more I had found.


The red tartan stockings return once again to the door knobs ...



So many decisions about my Xmas bits - which to use & how?


I love the Emma Bridgewater things we have too. This little house has battery operated led lights to brighten it up. It reminds me of the old family home in Dorset ....




Little bottle brush type garlands on the top ...



 Two green deer appear - they were sale finds last year & I think they look just right ...

The little row of cars all fetching their trees add a fun bit to the ledge on the sideboard. I could only find one sort of this car decoration so they are all the same but they add a bit of interest ...



My 2016 festive sideboard is up - I know I will tinker with it & change a few things around but it always feels festive when the sideboard changes.



I hope you are getting ready in good time so that there is no panic or last minute stress - enjoy it, that is what Christmas should be like ...

Thank you for stopping by, please let me know how your festive plans are going.
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.