Monday 26 June 2017

A touch of lavender at home ...

My regular visitors know that I am a restless soul - I like our home to have good 'bones' but I like change & I regularly switch around the soft furnishings, pictures & my sideboard at home because I like to look at different things.

I believe that your home should tell the story of who you are & what you collect & love.


Our living room / lounge had a very red wall when we moved in - it was an orange-red which I repainted in a pink-red tone that was much better. However, I found that the red was really limiting colour wise so about two years ago, I had it all repainted in Natural Calico - the same colour that is throughout the house! The only time I missed the red was at Christmas but the tree & decorations looked good against the lighter walls ...

However, I wanted a change for Summer  so the red cushions & accessories are having a break ...


I found some lovely cushion covers in shades of lilac, purple & pink from 3 different shops - an inexpensive way to update the space ...


A lilac throw & a potted lavender plant set the tone & add texture ...


A chance find at Dunelm mill shop of a garland & strands of fresh colours for our inglenook fireplace


A potted, faux lavender plant ...


I do love this large inglenook fireplace space ...


Fresh shades of lavender, lilac, green & white bring a freshness to the fireplace ...


I 'might' have a thing for lavender this summer - the barometer is saying rain - it lied. The pretty table mat / cloth was a great £1 find at Ikea  ...


The cushions on the other sofa, along with some pink ones & flowers which were repurposed from upstairs; it is good to switch things around ...


I like the change - small changes with many things repurposed from around the home, makes a welcome change. 


Do you switch things around at home for seasonal changes? What is your favourite summer colours? Tell all & inspire us ...

Thank you for stopping by & taking the time to read & comment,
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. All of your lavender is beautiful!! I often use yellow/gold and lavender in our guest room!
    I do change things up for the summer, but my change always has to include a red wall in the dining room. I cannot bring myself to repaint since the room is beautiful...my favorite!! SOOO, in the summer I use tans, creams, gold and red. In the winter it is more dark golds, red, tan and some black. I have a picture in my mind for next summer, using red and white buffalo check and some other brighter golds...we'll see if I have enough ambition come next spring :^)
    Today my reds are sharing space with white and blue, as we celebrate a long American weekend! Yaaayy
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know how this comment escaped me - perhaps it was the end of our year here that distracted me. I love your colours - gold & red together always looks rich & inviting & I like the idea of mixing it up with checks. I am not sure what white buffalo checks are - you shall have to tell me more. My Festive colours are always red & gold so this will no doubt change again! Have a lovely weekend x

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.