Tuesday 11 April 2017

Springing in to action in the garden ...

HI everyone

Do you find that your garden suddenly needs a lot of attention as the weather warms up for Spring?

My list of garden jobs just seems to get longer & longer each time I look at it. I am on my Spring / Easter break so it is time to get started ... I love our hanging baskets at the front door - they are reproduction ones that I bought at a reclamation yard  & they hang on each side by our door so it is important that they are colourful & welcoming; mine had not done well this last Winter & this was how they looked - ragged ...


A trip to our local garden centre & I was ready with some of my favourite coloured plants ...


They are awkward shapes so I cut a coir lining then added in the previous ones to support the plants & help to slow down drainage. I am mixing the front compost with is light weight & expands, with normal compost for drainage.

I was taken by these very pretty 'strawberry & cream' pansies - how delightful are they?


 Progress the baskets are returned to their positions - I always add trailing ivy for effect  ...


The second basket hangs next to a plater of honeysuckle that it now coming in to leaf ...


The corner pots on the covered porch have been repotted too - this one has scented wall flowers, again in complimentary colours as they are all in the same place ...


My two very large pots that flank the door are looking well & their pansies are from last year & they are looking splendid ...


The one basket & the pot look very good together ...


A job well done, one more ticked off my list! Thank you for stopping by & for taking time to read & comment.
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful!!!! I still have all of that work to do :^( I promised myself that I would have it all done before Easter, but I don't think self is listening!! We had a horrific storm last night, so maybe I am glad nothing was out...it might have drowned in the downpour!!
    Have a lovely and blessed week!
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jaybird - storms can be quite destructive for gardens. Our front ones are protected by a canopy / porch but it does mean I have to remember to water them regularly! Good luck with your job list - I write mine down because I like to see things crossed off ... have a blessed week too.
      D

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.