Monday 17 April 2017

Easter table settings at home

Hi everyone,

I hope your Easter has been peaceful & blessed.

I shared my Easter Sideboard with you. It always sets the tone for our meals as we love to eat in the conservatory which overlooks our garden.

Easter weekend aways starts off with toasted hot cross buns & coffee ...


Our Good Friday supper was a fish one. Do you stick to conventions by having fish on Good Friday? It is one occasion that I always have fish. My late Grandmother like tradition & I have grown up with such observances so think it is an important one to pass on ...

We inherited this set of fish cutlery from a bachelor uncle & it is not used often however, I decided it needed to be brought out for a change.  The fish bowl is vintage glass, the glass salt container holds tartar sauce along with silver plated & bone vintage fish servers ...


I love white plates & some cheerful Easter napkins ...


 I picked some daffodils & branches from the garden which looked cheerful ...


Simple & inviting - that is how meals should be ...


On Easter Monday, we had all the family home & A Wondering Star  daughter & her hubby, popped out to get some pastries for breakfast ...

She took out grandma Olive's blue jug from the cupboard & that suddenly decided the colour for breakfast - I am fortunate enough to have some lovely blue & white crockery which was gifted to me from Olive's attic years ago - that was coming out for breakfast as it has the various plates, bowls & platters needed.

Hot filter coffee with an assortment of pastries look tempting. Strawberries & blueberries with greek yoghurt for those of us who like it for breakfast ...


Don't the pastries look good? Olive's jug holds orange juice (it was always her custard jug)



I love the cobalt blue of the Blue Danish plates ...


Ready for everyone to just pull up a chair at the table - set in a few minutes by everyone ...


A lazy, catch up sort of family breakfast which is what the spirit of Easter is about ...


Our garden flowers are still doing well, though they should have gone in to a blue jug ...


A wondering stars gorgeous Vizslas joined up - Apollo getting comfortably on the sofa ..


Aura & Apollo watching activities in the kitchen ...



I hope you have had a blessed & peaceful Easter, thank you for stopping by 
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Those doggies think that breakfast looks WONDERFUL!!! Too cute!!
    I'm glad you had a wonderful visit with your family. Holidays are so much fun....
    Hubby's oldest son had all of that family in for Easter lunch....it was wild and crazy, but lots of laughter and hugs and kisses from the great-grandies. My clan will gather in May for Mother's day.....uhhhhhh I wonder when they will catch on that THEY are supposed to treat ME on Mother's day. Oh well...I love having them in and we will have a great day, but not as pretty a table as you had!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have our Mother's day / Mothering Sunday in March but South Africa has theirs in May too. Fortunately my girls love beautiful table settings too (wonder where that influence came from hehe). I am fortunate to have lovely bits & think they are too pretty not to enjoy & use regularly ... Have a lovely week x

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.