Tuesday 28 March 2017

It is time to think of an Easter sideboard at home ...

Hi everyone,

How has your Lent resolutions gone?  I had a tiny slip up this past weekend when I took an offered chocolate from a friend's Mother's Day selection - in fairness, it was a tiny one but just a thoughtless moment.

However,  a tiny slip up has reminded me that Easter is on the horizon so thoughts turned to changing the sideboard to reflect this. I know that many of you love your seasonal changes as much as I do ...

Some previous Easters at home -

Easter 2012 at home

Easter wishes in 2013 

Happy Easter 2014

Happy Easter 2015

Getting ready for Easter 2016 

I cleared the sideboard then started to put some Easter things on it but somehow it was just not working for me so I left it for a day while I thought about it. Are you like that?


I love the colourful Spring garland that is draped on the drawers - it is bright & cheerful.  The two colourful rabbit pictures are screen printed on a woven fabric; I saw them in a craft shop in Riga last year & just knew that they were coming home with me. They are beautiful original prints I put in to simple IKEA frames which are just right - they are definitely staying.  



This stunning plate which was a gift some years back would stay - what to put with it?


 At last, some inspiration & I know what to do ... the creamware Spode Chelsea Wicker plates are needed to balance it all & so out they come. I love their simple pattern & their elegance ...


 This platter was a thrift shop find - it compliments the Spode plates with its elegance & is a perfect backdrop for the vintage glass sweet jar ...


A simple Easter nest & some eggs go under the glass cloche ...


I love this little blue ceramic bunny with its basket - this year it will hold the Easter forks & spoons which will be needed for a cake, as will the Oliver Bonas cake stand which was a gift from my girls.


I bought this quirky teapot some years back; it is has such character & the colours are lovely at Easter


A vintage glass jar holds a selection of chocolate eggs to nibble on.  The grey &  brown bunny are a gift after the loss of our bunny Vivaldi, they are perfect at Easter. The two tall felt bunnies have not  been out of the loft for some years - oops, I forgot about them; progress at last on the sideboard.


 A woven basket front from Hobby Craft & some bunnies join the candlesticks on top ...


Bunnies trying to escape their holder - these felt bunnies are favourites of mine.


 At last, it is working. The table is ready too - the colourful flask will remain, along wiht the silver water jug & the pink Ikea lantern that I love ... The fluffy bunny was a gift from my Godson


The cake stand is ready for an Easter cake - forks, cutters, plates & napkins ready


The bunting that I made last year has come out again for our inglenook fireplace in the living room



These Easter baskets make regular appearances at Easter - one was a gift from a German exchange students some years back ....


This photo from a previous year when Vivaldi was seen rearranging the Easter eggs ... 


 Because we use our conservatory at night too, I have added some battery lights to the sideboard ...


I have a busy time ahead with students finishing off this term.  We always have visitors, friends & family over during our Easter holidays so I know we are ready to welcome them in to our home ...

Thank you for stopping by & for taking the time to read & comment, have a lovely week everyone,
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.