Saturday 13 December 2014

Vintage lace needs organising ….

Hi all

I have been trying to get more organised with my sewing bits so I can take advantage of spare time to do some sewing without spending most of the time looking for the bits I need.

I have painted a tea trolley to use as a sewing table, & also a vintage sewing box for storage. However, like most sewers, I am a bit of a hoarder with fabric, cottons, lace & such likes.

Do you find that out of sight is out of mind?  A friend stops by on a regular night once a week & we have some really productive sewing time while chatting & drinking tea.  She brings over her large IKEA tub with things she might need & I open up my sewing boxes & we oooh & aaah & the inspiration flows once we see the beautiful things ….

My lace storage has been haphazard & a tub is just not right as it takes most of the evening to just untangle the bits I need. I repurposed a small box I had & it is just the right size to take a large lace card so that got me thinking ….

I took a card I already had, traced the shape & modified it to the right size to fit into my box. The card looked too plain so I decided to cover some of the cards with this lovely bright wallpaper I had.  


Fabulously bright & cheerful ….


Aren't these lace strips just too pretty to be hidden away?


How lovely is this trimming with its gathered edge? Hmm what should I use it on?


I love the bright colours of the lace cards …

 

This daisy lace came from a vintage lot - so very pretty & so very useful for Gentlework  projects



The new cards suit the size & shape of my box - perfect for flicking through for something special.


Time well spent because they are both functional & appealing.




I just know that we will use them more now & they are a thing of beauty too.

Is this not the loveliest original vintage furry trim on its original card?


The juxtaposition of being more organised to be more creative ….


What are your storage tips? Please share & inspire me :)

Thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy your comments.
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.