Monday 18 August 2014

The vastness of The Karoo & Aberdeen ...

Hello all, another new week to look forward to & enjoy. I am on my summer holidays as I work as a private tutor so this is my time to catch up with things.

Youngest daughter & I spent a month visiting family & friends in South Africa so I hope to share some more of our trip with you.

We were headed from the busy city life of Johannesburg to ....



South Africa is a vast country & we opted to travel from Johannesburg to the Karoo by overnight luxury InterCape bus instead of hiring a car & driving the long roads alone.

My initial hesitation at using the bus was replaced by admiration for a well run service - comfortable seats, refreshments & regular stops. The 1000km, overnight 12 hour trip meant we could get some sleep as well & we were met by my Dad & brother at 3am in Aberdeen in the Karoo.

While visiting, a national newspaper carried this story in their travel section about Aberdeen


This is a view of the stunning Camdeboo mountains from Aberdeen


I confess to not having spent any time in Aberdeen in the past, so I really enjoyed learning of its long history & spent lots of time walking the dusty streets, doing photos & just enjoying the slower pace of life.


I hope you have enjoyed this introduction to Aberdeen in The Karoo in South Africa. Look at some of the homes of Aberdeen 

Please leave a comment so I know you have visited & I can return the visit to your blog, lots more photos to follow of our trip so please stop by again soon,
Dee ~♥~

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the whole saga...xx, M - come back soon. Mike

    ReplyDelete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.