Saturday 2 March 2013

Liverpool visit

Youngest is doing her return visits on the universities she has applied to so we headed north to do a return visit to Liverpool recently.

Thankfully the weather was not as wet & wild as our first visit last year.


I do not know Liverpool well so thank heavens for satnav's which fortunately took us straight in with time for lunch then a walk.

 
Liverpool Catholic Cathedral is just next to the university so we popped to see what makes it special. The shape reminds me of a hat & once we got inside I could appreciate the stained glass in it.

 
 
The Cathedral was bathed in blue light & an interesting round shape which reminded me of the church at Axum in Ethiopia.

St. Mary of Zion Church, Axum, Ethiopia

The University of Liverpool was as lovely as we remembered from our first visit & it remains a strong contender.

 
As lovely as satnav's are, they do have a mind of their own. I cannot understand why they do not return you on the trip you came on. Ours had it in her mind to go home via Chester & north Shropshire & having no bearings in liverpool, I had to go along with this ...


A lovely day up north except for the return journey when Iris (my satnav) took me to places unknown but all's well that ends well.

Thanks for stopping by, please leave your link so I can return the visit.
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.