Sunday 17 February 2013

Tea & scones

A cold morning at home called for something warm & comforting for a daughter who was a bit under the weather & what nicer than hot home made scones.

The choice - round or serrated cutters? I keep my cutters in a vintage mixing bowl.


I prefer round cutters & a medium size. I made some plain scones then added mature cheddar cheese to the other half of the batch.


Scones, in my humble opinion, are best eaten piping hot out of the oven


The little tea knives are a vintage set that was given to my husbands grandparents for their marriage in the 1920's. They are still in their padded box & we enjoy using them ♥


 Candles warm up the table while there is still snow on the ground outside


I would have loved some cream but that would have meant a trip to the shop & additional calories. We just had a choice of 2 jams & some grated cheese on our scones but what do you like on yours? Round or serrated cutter, hot or cold, cream or no cream? Tell all ....

Thanks for stopping by & leaving your link so I can return the visit.
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.