Wednesday 1 August 2012

Time for new hanging baskets ....


Our hanging baskets at home have been functional rather than pretty & have served us well for around 10 years; their contents change to reflect the seasons & so it might have carried on except for a trip to a reclamation yard while visiting friends.


My heart skipped a beat when we arrived - wonderful treasures & an eclectic mix of things ....


 I always love the way teracotta pots weather & age ...


 Oh yes .... love at first sight but ... only one & I like pairs ...


Heaven - a pair of  reproduction victorian cast iron planters - SOLD


My friends son obliging by getting them to the car ...


Time for new coir liners & potting soil ...


The plants moved across from the old planters

 I just love the detail on them


Just about potted up - time to soak them for a while and protect their contents from my two house bunnies... seen sneaking up on the planters.


Fred & Vivaldi being distracted from eating the contents of the baskets


Planted & put up in the front of the house by the porch


I rather like them - a pair of lovely hanging baskets - perfectly at home with  a pair-of-holly-trees which have long outgrown their indoor pots.

I absolutely love the new hanging baskets - what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by, till next time,
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Dee,
    Those baskets really good and you have inspired me to garden, but I have a load of weeds to deal with and the garden to mow!! It is looking better, but a way to go<3
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment Kathy my friend - your garden has some lovely colour & plants; I too have heaps of weeds this year after all that wet weather but a little, often is my motto in the garden ♥

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.