Wednesday 1 February 2012

A delicious supper at at Liane's Bistro .....

My dear friend Liane of  Cheap Thrills   makes a really delicious oxtail stew.

While browsing the weekend newspaper recipes, I came across one - Nigel Slater's oxtail  . Liane & I were unconvinced by his recipe because he left out the red wine so Liane offered to make the oxtail her special way for a treat again in the cold weather.

Who am I to argue with an offer like that? I made a Victoria Sponge cake for after supper ....

Tea time .....

and she made her all day, slow cooked oxtail in red wine with shallots & herbs & then served it with roasted root vegetables.

We mopped up the juices with rosemary & garlic focaccia bread and WOW - what a spread!

Oxtail for supper in the Shire

Her house is always a delight for such 'bistro' suppers - warm tealights, music, lanterns, wine & of course lots of laughter & catching up!

Just the thing for a very cold night - warm food, warm company, happy times.

Keep looking in & add your comments so I know what you like.

Dee ~♥~

3 comments:

  1. so glad you enjoyed it...and I enjoyed preparing it! How lovely to have a good giggle around my bistro table...spilling champagne, eating victoria sponge cake, fruit crumble with hot custard...with soft music in the background and candle-light for atmosphere. perfect....thank you for joining me xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite ... it certainly is hearty oxtail stew weather ♥

      Delete
  2. Shared on http://redskyewine.com/page/2

    ReplyDelete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.