Saturday 31 December 2011

And so another year ends ....

This year has gone way too quickly ....

As a self-employed private tutor, I have been fortunate that my student base has continued to expand. My work is interesting & varied & it keeps me grounded & balanced.

I have had a year of worries with my Mother having lung cancer out in Africa & at her worst the oldest daughter & I made a hectic dash out to Africa to support my Dad through a touch & go time.  She pulled through by sheer determination & grit & we then spent 3 weeks helping her to adjust to the restraints of a broken leg & hip due to the chemo.


My two brothers & sister made long journies so we could all meet up with the folks on the farm - a wonderful time catching up with them & their families for a change. 


It also gave me the opportunity to catch up with friends & family in Johannesburg because my sister in law & cousin kindly put us up & had an open house for friends to visit & catch up! Daughter, who kindly took unpaid leave to travel with me, requested a visit to Milky Lane - an ice-cream parlour which was her favourite so we indulged her ....


My cousin is chairman of a Motor bike club so he took us to a vintage bike show .... a first for me but it was so interesting .....


and we joined cousin for a meal out while watchin rugby at a sports pub .....


SO my wish for 2012 is just that the year will bring health & happiness to everyone


Best wishes for 2012 Dee ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.