Tuesday 1 August 2017

The fruits of our foraging ....

Hi everyone,

I met up with the lovely Godsons & their Mum to catch up & we went for a lovely local walk that none of us had visited before. We started off as a walk until we came across the hedgerows full of luscious blackberries.

After a scramble around our bags, Ellie found a small plastic bag & I lined my Radley shopper with some tissues & we started picking & eating ....




Lovely blackberries ...



A handful of goodness ...


 My foraging haul - a generous little Ikea bowl of deliciousness


Who doesn't love apples & blackberries? I prepared some little individual ones ... 


I added in the very last of my blackcurrants too - they have not been as abundant this year ... 


I have moved away from carbs towards healthy alternatives but not yet confident with their individual properties. However, a random instagram post from a contact where she used the above combination for a cheesecake base gave me the inspiration ....






All ready for the crumble topping - made from almond, chick pea & coconut flours with some desiccated coconut for crunch ...



I rubbed in 2 tablespoons of each flour in to about 100g of butter, a shake of cinnamon powder for taste & then it was crumbled over the mix.


The little pots ready for the oven ... 


How good does this look?



I had mine with some thick natural yoghurt - it was really so tasty - from the hedgerow to the table in an couple of hours



I hope you have enjoyed this - will you be out foraging in the summer hedgerows?

Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to read & comment.
Dee ~♥~

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh that looks GOOD!!!!!!
    We had green grape pie in the very early spring, blackberries in late spring, a haul of hog plums a few weeks ago, for jam, and a big bag of wild seckel pears last week for pie and some to freeze. We will enjoy the jams and a lot of the stuff from the freezer, all winter!
    Looks like you are having pretty weather. It alternates between HOT and HOTTER around here, so we are looking forward to the end of September. We have actually had pretty good rain this summer, so things are not burned to a crisp!!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.