Saturday 25 February 2017

Sewing a tribute to Vivaldi ...

Hi everyone,

It has been a difficult week taking leave of our free range house rabbit Vivaldi who lived so close to us & who was always around - demanding food or attention or just enjoying our space.

I am so used to her company that she has left a huge gap in our lives.

After finding some of her fur on her comb, I decided to sew a tribute to our bunnies because sewing heals the soul, especially hand sewing which is something you concentrate on while doing it. Being a lion head rabbit, the fur was the softest of golden soft colour ....


I have an Ikea carrier box with essentials that I keep downstairs & this came out. I usually spend lots of time planning but this time it just came from the (broken) heart ... 


The two bunny shapes had been a purchase some time back from the lovely Viv of Hensteeth but I did not get to use them. Luckily I knew exactly where they were & just knew they would feature ...


I like the idea of a tribute in a tin that can be kept safe, a sort of personal item. Luckily I had a good size tin too & all the bits I needed ...

A pretty coloured flower pattern made a perfect rainbow bridge that bunnies cross over when they leave us - I beaded it to make it special ...


The two bunny shapes - the dark one for our Fred who we lost 2 years ago,  and the lighter one for Vivaldi 



The little stuffed bunnies taking shape 


The rainbow bridge with it beads & bunny outlines ...


and the completed tin as a keepsake of two very special house rabbits ...


A plant brought over for her spot by our neighbour who always bunny sat for us ... 


This from the summer in the garden with me ...



and this past week when Vivaldi was being her cute self in the kitchen ...



Binky free Vivaldi & Fred - you were very special bunnies who are missed ....

 Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.