Friday 2 December 2016

The Advent candle is lit ...

December seems to have arrived rather suddenly. Perhaps it is because it is a busy time at work & personally but one tradition I always stick to is the nightly lighting of an Advent candle to count down to Christmas.

I love the ritual of lighting it, then find myself contemplating & reflecting while I watch it burn each night.

The emphasis is on 'watch it' because it doesn't take long to skip several days if you don't keep an eye on the candle.

A few random decorations have made their way in to the house already - these are some of the special ones we buy for the girls each year - they have quite a large, interesting collection (I just need to sort them all in the loft ... )


One day, they will each take their decorations to their own home as a reminder of Christmases past ...

What traditions do your family have over the festive season? I look forward to your blog posts on your progress in getting ready for Christmas. Please comment so I can visit your blog too.

Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.