Friday 23 December 2016

Be there completely at Christmas ...

Hi everyone,

Are you all as excited about Christmas as I am? I love having the girls home & so I have decorated our home to be warm, homely & lovely to look at.

Our tree went up early, abundantly deer again (they were in the boxes which came down from the loft)


Lights & a long garland always make our inglenook fireplace look warm & inviting, the advent calendars & fabric stockings hung up too ... 


Little trees creep in to the dining room ... 



The sideboard in the conservatory is always changed to festive items - I know you love it as much as I do as it always has so many blog hits ... 


A little IKEA tree with wine glasses & little cocktails glasses & shakers - such fun!


 A pair of new sledge decorations with little trees


A pottery house with some LED battery lights I put in to brighten it up ...


The drinks console is stocked up & lit with some more lights - you can never have too many twinkly lights ... 


My gifted door wreath makes a welcoming entrance - with more lights naturally 


A second gifted wreath is a welcome addition to the patio that our kitchen, dining room & conservatory look on to.  The vintage sleigh & some fir branches make an appearance too ... 


A little Gisela Graham village from houses & churches reminds us of the religious side to Christmas 


Some of my many little bottlebrush trees are moved to the village; who else loves bottlebrush trees?


A new wooden church with led lights comes from ALDI - a German addition to my home


Which brings me to an important thought -


Christmas is a time to connect with our nearest & dearest so enjoy the time, put other things aside & just catch up. Christmas is not a time to take on too much & to get stressed about it - ask for help or more importantly - offer help without being asked, it is a group effort & many hands make the day easier & more fun. 

We will all be getting the food in the oven then relaxing & eating mid afternoon or whenever it is ready because we start the day with fresh fruit & yoghurt which sustains us. 

It is a time to just unwind , relax & enjoy because everyone has had a busy year; it is also a reflective time for me because my late Mom was born on Christmas Day. I will be thinking of my family who are not with us. 

I am aware that we are making memories that will last far longer than the day or the meal - make them good folks  ...

Be blessed in the run up to Christmas 
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.