Wednesday 27 April 2016

Some silk cushions are needed ...

As my regular visitors know,  I am happy to run up some things on my sewing machine.

A Wondering Star daughter recently arrived with some fabric she had fallen for while out shopping.

Gorgeous colours & she needed some cushions for her bed or window seat.


Gorgeous bright colours in her fabric bag ...


I decided to use the patterned fabric for the cushion fronts & the coloured fabric for the backs. I started by turning the centre seams for the back envelop sections ... 


The silk was quite slippery to work with my easy does it ...


Such fabulous colours ... 1 cushion done, 3 to go ... 


Two pairs of a small & larger cushion made, ready for them to go to their home in the trendy Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham 


These photos were all taken by A Wondering Star with the cushions in their apartment 



A very good choice of fabrics, they look lovely as accent cushions on their bed, perfectly suited to their lovely apartment ... 






A fab find of lovely fabric & a lovely result which is a good thing. Do you find random fabric & see how it can be used for something in your home? 

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. 

Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.