Sunday 10 April 2016

For the love of cranberry & ruby glass ....

My regular visitors will have spied some of these vivid cranberry & ruby glassware on my sideboard over time.

Ms M, my friend & sister in law, & I bought a sugar shaker & bowl a few years ago & we both love the vividness of the glassware. Neither of us are experts on the glass & I do not properly understand why some is known as 'cranberry glass' & others as 'ruby glass' because the colours are so similar to my eye.

Ms M surprised me on my birthday with a most generous gift of 2 of her great grandmothers vintage cranberry custard cup glasses. She remembers them being used decades ago with a very large matching punch bowl & only a few glasses remain now ...

Sadly, she only has 5 remaining ones & she generously gifted me 2 of them because she knows how I love it. How special is that?

It is only fitting that it went on display as soon as I got it home; I love the little footed custard glasses.


This is some of my other cranberry / ruby glassware, taken out to join my new glasses ...



I have teamed it up with this pretty tea set I often use often because it accentuates the pink / red colour. This sugar shaker is the the original purchase we each made - Ms M has an almost matching one.


Delicate, thin cranberry glass looks so lovely teamed up with thin china ...


 The sideboard with the vivid glassware & the delicate vintage china & some china jugs I love ...



I admit to also loving vintage coloured cutlery - this set is an old one that I use for teas ...


The details on the cutlery add an elegance to it. These smaller knives & 3 tined desert / cake forks are perfect for tea & cakes - they are too pretty not to be used often. Their handles are a lovely ruby colour with a silver collar - they epitomise the attraction of vintage & coloured cutlery ...


You will have seen this set several times before - it is thin, delicate & very pretty ...


A favourite Rosenthal candle holder (again one you will see often as it is a favourite) makes an appearance again because it is white & gold. Do you have favourites that come out often?


Vintage pink glasses & decanter in case you want something other than tea ....



My lovely Godsons gifted me a modern scented candle in a lovely ruby coloured glass which is perfect to join this display - thanks lads x


I love the bright accents from the cranberry / ruby glass - My sideboard shows things I love & use - that is the best way to enjoy your things ...



“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” 



Can you see my new cranberry custard cups in front of the plain platter? They are a wonderfully, thoughtful gift - thank you Ms M, I love them ...
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.