Tuesday 16 February 2016

Neutral bedroom decor with touches of elegance

Hi everyone,

Getting  the bedrooms ready for visitors this week has meant finishing the things that need doing.

Both daughters still have their bedrooms at home & this is the youngest bedroom that is used for visitors this week as she is away at university so won't be joining us.

Both girls have fab style & the starting point for this room was the two beautiful Ralph Lauren Polo banners we found some years back.  There was no doubt that they would frame her bed. At one time, the banners were probably from a runway or shop, but they look just lovely in this setting with their gold & royal blue details.


I have just painted a new mirror for the room as the previous one has found a home with A Wondering Star daughter in her gorgeous flat in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter.


The bedroom has a calm, neutral look - painted in Dulux Natural Calico which is a soft cream that provides a lovely background for the other items.

The solid bed, side cabinets and chest of drawers are all cosy painted furniture. The opposite wall has large built in wardrobes to keep the room clutter free.

The window has a roman blind made out of neutral Ralph Lauren fabric which is edged in an matching blue band;  the window is framed by generous cream curtains, tied back by chunky blue & gold tie backs - a lovely bedroom that is often used for guests.


Great grandma's bench came to us last year & it fits perfectly at the bottom of the bed with a new cream cushion I made for it. The girls have fond memories of squashing up on it for family meals.


Some lovely vintage suitcases provide under bed storage - I love the rich colour of the leather as it  contrasts with the cream colour.


Two more vintage cases - one leather, one not but very useful as storage & they look good too.


I always put several cushions out for visitors so that they can decide which ones to use. We have all had the experience of not having the right cushion & a restless sleep so a selection of soft & hard lets visitors choose.  I love this Laura Ashley bedding, teamed up here with IKEA cushions with pin tuck details ...  The feather lampshades soften the look ...

I think the bedroom is ready for visitors. Do you go around & do the additional jobs before visitors arrive?  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have enjoyed the glimpse around my home,
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. I have a "thing" for feathers......I had a sweater once with feather trim! The lamp shades are magical! Your guest room is so inviting! Mine needs so much work! Your an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love feathers too - I have a red cardigan with a feather trim that I use mainly at Christmas & it always leaves some feathers behind hehe.
      I will show you my guest room - it is multi functional with single beds ... have a great week!

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.