Wednesday 19 August 2015

Mixing up the blues ….


While doing the Blue Danish sideboard, I decided to do some variations because I have several patterns which are complimentary patterns with just small variations as they were made by various potteries over the years.

I shared some of the patterns in a previous post  when I packed it up in January.

I duly mixed up the patterns - some clearly more vivid than others but pleasing all the same.


The various thicknesses of plates can be seen - the Blue Danish pattern runs right to the edge & they are much thinner than the modern versions …


 Modern Ikea blue glass plates are a lovely contrast …


Another pattern with more white


Jugs in various sizes & designs …


Sandwich plates & modern blue glass as well as another pattern …





Several designs on the gravy boats …







The Masons design with fluted edges



Saxon bowl …


A modern Villeroy & Boch design that fits in nicely …



 Mixing up the jugs …





Various coffee cups & mugs - 4 different sets - can you spot the differences?


The important issue - how well do they all sit together?


The patterns all have a common colour & pattern variation so I think they work well together ...



I am definitely going to mix it up more often so it gets used regularly. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to leave a comment or browse …
Dee ~♥~

4 comments:

  1. What a great collection! I've loved the opportunity of seeing the bottom of the pieces with the sign I don't know if this is the exact way of saying it

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina - I also love turning china over to look at the backstamps which tell you which pottery house made them … I also love that the pattern is so widely used!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful porcelain! In fact I have myself a part of the same porcelain in your pictures :) I love blue and white porcelain, classic. And the patterns you show is a good match, I think. And what a nice design at the Villeroy and Boch china !!

    Have a nice weekend!

    hug aka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Aka - thanks for your comment - that certainly is a classic design & it is nice to modernise it a bit so it is used more often. It is a shame that china is not collected these days - we are losing this tradition x
      Hope your weekend is drier than ours in Shropshire x

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.