Thursday 21 May 2015

Apple blossom time ….

Hi everyone

Do you watch the changing seasons with a sense of wonder?  I love our British seasonal changes - there is always something to look forward to.

May is traditionally apple blossom time & they are some of the loveliest times about.

This is the old apple trees at the Dorset family home -  they are truly spectacular this year!



 Lilac & apple blossoms blooming next to each other …


While out browsing with Ms M in Dorset, I spied a lovely green plate & with its raised details & crest, I just knew it was going back to Shropshire with me.  I also knew exactly where it would be going …


You have probably guessed too - my sideboard in our conservatory is changed very regularly because it is the space we use the most for meals & relaxing. The conservatory links the lounge & the dining room & is a space we really love because it is light, bright & warm with lovely views of the garden.

I wish I had an apple tree to cut some blossoms from, however, this old apple bowl was gifted by my mother in law some years back & it always look right piled high with tempting apples …


I love mixing old & new & so the green apple platter was my starting point ...


It is the right shade of apple green to sit with the pink Ikea Ideel plates …


I love my eclectic collection of silver candlesticks that we use around the house & have mixed candles to add interest too. - a reminder that they are well used. We always keep candles in them because they are on hand to be used at the table or even in the garden ….


My style is to mix up various sets of plates so it is more casual. The fluted plates are by Gisela Graham & the coloured pink & green glass plates are from the Ikea Ideel range. These are all favourites which you might have spotted on my Spring sideboard too.


The green candlesticks are vintage milk glass which sit happily with the modern pinkIkea candle holders on the right. Do you like to mix things up & combine old & new?

I hope you are enjoying the brighter weather & the change of seasons in the garden.

Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to read the post.
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. I love all the above. I'm always in awe of the way you decorate and do things all the time. Love Linda <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cousin Linda - thank you for your lovely comment - my mantra is life with what you love & my restless soul love change so I combine them. You have a beautiful home & fabulous weather ….

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.