Sunday 15 June 2014

You are invited to ....

How things have changed over the last 100 years re wedding invitations. Modern weddings have changed from what used to be quite modest family affairs.

While visiting family, I browsed some very old photos and came across these old wedding initiations which were smaller than a modern day iphone.

The printing was beautifully done with embossed raised detail & cut out shapes.




All three invitations together - modest yet striking


It was very interesting to look back over changes in just the last 100 years.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment so I know you have visited my blog
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Love the 1902 elegance! This is such a treasure! These days we do things a little less grand would you say? I even wonder if you had the $$ if such a thing could be replicated in this day and age? Is this letter press?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lynda - it is so elegant & they are so tiny but perfectly formed. I can only imagine that they were quite costly at the time! Thanks for stopping by again & taking the time to leave a comment ….

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.