Thursday 30 January 2014

Tea & cookie time

It has been one of those cold, damp weeks again.

Snow flakes have wafted past me all day as I made my way between all my students & I was grateful for the Mum's making generous mugs of steaming hot coffee while we were working.

Once home, it was end of my working weeks paperwork time & being cold, I needed something to boost the spirits.

Cookies & tea? Nothing in the house so I rustled up a favourite recipe

Millie's cookies

125g softened butter
225g caster & brown sugar (or which ever soft sugar you have to hand)
1 egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
225g self raising flour
200g of choc chips or cut up chocolate (white, milk, dark - whatever you like)

Preheat oven to 180C

Cream butter & sugars, add egg & vanilla, sift in flour & stir in chocolate chips.

Roll into 10-12 walnut sized balls or a long sausage & cut into rounds.

Place on baking parchment / greaseproof paper & bake for 7-10 min (depending on size)

Cool slightly & enjoy.


They really are quick to make & utterly delicious.

My paperwork really went well - tea & cookies in my indulgent monogrammed set - heaven!


What is your rainy day bake?

Thanks for stopping by,  hope your week is going well
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I just have to try this recipe...my mother's name was Mildred, sometimes called "Millie".Now where did I put that conversion chart....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a lovely name - Mildred - it just rolls off the tongue so easily … I hope your cookies are as successful Lynda; they are quick to make & quite delicious!

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.