Tuesday 31 December 2013

Welcome 2014

Has this year flown by for you too?

I am suddenly very aware that the last day of the year is here & I am not ready to put 2013 to bed - I still have things unfinished which I feel I should have done ....

But ready or not, time waits for no one as it marches relentlessly on towards another year, towards new adventures & challenges, towards changes we foresee & those we do not yet know await us ...

Some of my favourite thoughts from a favourite author - Isak Dinesen Out of Africa

“Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the Earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road.”  

“Here I am, where I am supposed to be.”  

“All sorrows can be borne if you can put them into a story.”  

“We must leave our mark on life while we have it in our power.”
Karen Blixen


Those unforeseen challenges are the ones which scare us the most - the ones which push us out of our comfort zones, the ones which make us stare into the future to see our own vulnerability & mortality!

2014 is another New Year, another blank book of 365 pages waiting to be filled with decisions to be faced, promises to be made or broken, opportunities to move forward ...

(From Imaginative world on Facebook, original source unknown)

So let us start these new pages with the things not done from last year then add in the deeds we still have to do, the love we should show, the friendships that need more time & the gratitude we owe for blessings received & those yet to come ...

There will always be some of the old year in the new, but make 2014 what you want it to be ...


My sincere thanks & appreciation for those who visit my blog & add their words of support & friendship - it keeps me motivated; I love to return the visits, to enjoy life in many varied places.

Blessings to all from my home to yours for the New Year of 2014,
Dee ~♥~

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, to you, dear Cousin. May it be all that you wish! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - & to you & yours too - may it bring many blessings xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family! I enjoy reading about you adventures across the pond.....thanks for visiting me as well. Blessings for a great and prosperous 2014...

    ReplyDelete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.