Tuesday 14 May 2013

Emperor Silk time for my desk ....

I had so much good advice & feedback from my request re my desk that I just had to show you the progress ...

my-space is a desk in my bedroom, by the window with a view over the surrounding countryside & I keep all my letters & personal bits there but I have not been happy with the dark interior so decided to follow your advice ....

I bought my first tin of Annie Sloan chalk paint in a bold shade of Emperor's Silk!



I tucked a double layer of brown paper in to paint the edge against






I love the paint effect - I decided against a second coat of paint because I did not want a flat colour but the tones of the original surface to give it depth.


It now has a coat of clear wax too & I really love it because it is a vast improvement on the dark interior & it now looks so lovely when opened ♥

Thanks for the advice offered by the bloggers. What is your favourite painted colour?  I think I will be buying some more chalk paints for other projects ...

Dee ~♥~

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Really Beautiful! I love it!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marina - I have left it open because I just love how it looks now. Thanks for stopping by ...

      Delete
  2. stunning....the red definitely adds a wow factor! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear - the red is simply striking & very lovely ...xx

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.