Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday afternoons are perfect for ....

some hot crumpets / drop scones / Scotch pancakes 

We do like a Sunday afternoon treat & after I found some really nutty self raising wholemeal flour, I thought I would try it out in crumpets.

Wholemeal crumpets for Sunday afternoon tea.

My recipe for 10-12 crumpets is:

1 cup of flour
1 egg
2-3 tablespoons of sugar (brown is fine)
about 150 ml (5/8 of a cup) milk

Mix everything in a bowl with just a whisk, leave to stand for a few minutes.

Melt some butter in a frying pan (I use my pancake / omelette pan) and drop serving spoon blobs on & cook until it rises & bubbles then flip them over till done on the other side.

I could do 3 at a time in my pan.

Best served piping hot with just a little butter or jam or whatever takes your fancy!

What is your quick family treat?

Thanks for stopping by,  please leave your link so I can return the visit.
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.