Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all my friends & followers

Easter tree

It has been a long 46 days since shrove-tuesday & the start of Lent on Ash Wednesday.

Like last year, I gave up chocolate in its pure form & it is h a r d because, like many, I have a weakness for it. I suppose that is what Lent is all about, giving up something which is hard!

Happy Easter - from our home to yours ...

























This is some of our Ethiopian Crosses & an etching from our 5 years spent in that wonderful Coptic country. They are special because they remind me of my quiet faith that grounds me ....

So today - Easter Sunday - I can for the second year running break my Lent fast & enjoy my Easter egg, having paid my penitence in my own 'quietly religious way' - observing the traditions of my childhood without converting friends or shouting it from the rooftops ...  So I wish you all a blessed Easter - may it be family time with a thought to the true meaning!

Easter bunny shaped bread

After 40 days of Lent, Easter egg time - Happy Easter everyone
Thanks for stopping by, have a peaceful Easter day
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Dee...Happy Easter to you and yours!We are thankful Jesus is alive! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynda - hope your Easter was peaceful & blessed ....

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.