Friday 4 January 2013

“Do one thing every day that scares you”


“Do one thing every day that scares you.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

I was with friends recently, having a relaxing after supper drink, sitting around their fire & I shared this quote. 
This is going to be my mantra for 2013

For me the quote means to step out of the comfort zone often or we become too complacent.  We have an in built 'fight or flight' reaction to situations & this is what we need to learn to control.  

We all need to confront our fears if we are going to grow - we need to do things that scare us enough to make us do things that we think we can't. Once we do them, we realise that our fear was not as great as we thought & so we grow just a little stronger each time.  

By confronting our fears, we are willing to do more & we break down the barriers that hold us back - one fear at a time.

And so I leave you with words of wisdom from another great lady 


“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” ― Marie Curie
My resolution for 2013 is to take the advice of these two ladies. I hope you will do so too - conquer one fear at a time!

Thanks for stopping by,
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.