Thursday 26 April 2012

Decorating with real antlers & trophies ....

I shared my love of antlers in the week & lamented that mine are all faux or brass because I am the only one in my household who likes the real thing.


 I come from a long line of settlers who hunted & displayed such things. I asked my brother to share some photos of his antlers with my blog & here they are; all hunted by himself, mounted then displayed so that their beauty can be appreciated.




I particularly love the middle display with the long, straight gemsbok horns - what a statement!

Would you have the 'real thing' on your wall or is faux as close as you will get to them?

Looking forward to your thoughts on the matter, till next time

Dee ~♥~

1 comment:

  1. I think it is acceptable if you have hunted the animal for its meat and then mount them on the wall to appreciate the beauty of the animal and in respect of the life it gave up for its meat. However, what I find absolutely abhorrent is when people go hunting just for the kill and nothing else. But as I don't particularly like venison, I definitely prefer the cute litte gold ones.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.